Special Event Permits

A Special Event Permit must be completed for any event planned to take place within Kaysville City where the public is invited to attend. You must receive prior approval from the City if you are selling merchandise or conducting business, will have amplified sound, or the setup of automobiles, blow-up toys, dunking booths or other structures. For parades, materials or objects are prohibited from being thrown from a moving vehicle unless approved by the City.

The use of any tents or canopies more than 30 inches above ground level, requiring electric, or that has a footprint larger than 200 square feet will be subject to an inspection by the Kaysville City Fire Marshal. Overnight camping on City property is only allowed in the East Mountain Wilderness Park, and is permitted for one night only.

Special Events

A special event is an event occurring out of the ordinary course of everyday functions. Special events may include, but are not limited to:

  • Block parties
  • Carnivals or circuses
  • Concerts
  • Craft fairs/markets
  • Farmer’s market
  • Flea markets or swap meets
  • Movie filming
  • Parades
  • Races/Runs/Walks


  • Any regular established, permanent place of worship, athletic field, arena, auditorium or other similar permanently established place of assembly for assemblies
  • Family reunions, weddings or wedding receptions
  • Government sponsored fairs or events held on a regular or annual basis
  • School sponsored fairs or events held on school property
  • Political or public issue events


Should you wish to hold your event on city property (parks, courtyards, etc.) you will need to apply with the Kaysville Parks & Recreation Department. Please fill out the form below, attach the required documents and return it to their office at 85 North 100 East, Kaysville. You can also e-mail it to: recreation@kaysvillecity.com.

Parks & Recreation Special Event Permit Application

Events which will be held outside of city property are approved through our Community Development Office. Please fill out the application below and attach the required documents. If you have any questions or wish to request a paper application, please contact businesslicensing@kaysville.gov or call 801-546-1241.

Community Development Special Event Permit Application