If you are interested in volunteering for a sport or chaperoning a program you are required to complete the following steps:
- Background Check Guidelines (PDF) provide information on investigation procedures.
- Background Check Tiered Policy (PDF) helps determine if your volunteer status requires you to have a background check conducted.
Mandatory Coach Training
View the Reference Sheet (PDF).
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Concussion Training (Proof of training required)
- Confirm that your background check is current
- Read department policy regarding physical and verbal altercation (PDF)
For information on how teams are composed please read Policies and Procedures (PDF). Please note "team switching" is against our policies.
Our goal is to provide high quality parks, recreation programs, and open spaces for the benefit and use of our community. We will strive to develop, plan and implement diversified year round recreational opportunities and programs for the citizens of Kaysville that will enhance their quality of life. We commit to serve the youth of Kaysville by keeping in mind the true attitude of recreational sports. It is our desire to pass on to coaches and parents their obligation to promote sportsmanship.
We must value sportsmanship. “Sports not only builds character, but reveals it!" It seems that the traditional value of sportsmanship is being challenged from many directions, and good sportsmanship is becoming a lost art. As adults we must recommit ourselves to guiding our youth, teaching them what sportsmanship is, rewarding them for showing good sportsmanship, and by example showing them that sportsmanship is alive and well in youth sports.