Ski & Snowboard Program
Kaysville Blitz / Friday Brighton Session 2024
Registration for 2023 Season begins October 1, 2023 for residents and October 15, 2023 for non-residents.
This year we will only be offering ONE SESSION!
The Friday night program is designed for 5th through 12th grades.
BRIGHTON WILL NOT BE PROVIDING SKI AND SNOWBOARD RENTALS THIS YEAR.
Mandatory Parent and Child meeting: Tuesday Jan 2nd @ 6pm at the Recreation Center; 85 N 100 E, Kaysville, UT
Can add a Kaysville Blitz - Hoodie for $25
PROGRAM DATES: Jan 5, 12, 19 and 26th (Lessons and Free Ski Time) - Feb 2nd (No Lessons - Just lift ticket)
- TRANSPORTATION PROVIDED BY CHARTERED BUS. STUDENT MUST RIDE SCHEDULED TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM RESORT.
- REQUESTS TO SKI OR RIDE WITH SPECIFIC INDIVIDUALS WILL NOT BE GUARANTEED.
- STUDENTS THAT MISS A LESSON CAN NOT FILL THEIR PLACE WITH A FRIEND/RELATIVE.
- NOTE: PLEASE CHECK YOUR EQUIPMENT. MAKE SURE YOUR AVAILABLE EQUIPMENT IS IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION. AS A SAFETY MEASURE, HAVE PERSONAL EQUIPMENT CHECKED OUT PRIOR TO USE.
- BACKPACKS, STREET SHOES AND ANY OTHER ITEMS THAT STUDENTS FEEL NECESSARY TO BRING MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED WITH OWNER’S NAME. ALL ITEMS AND LUNCHES WILL BE KEPT IN A DESIGNATED ROOM OR BUS AND WILL BE ACCESSIBLE AT ALL TIMES. YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO LEAVE VALUABLES AT HOME.
- KAYSVILLE CITY RECREATION WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS.
- REFUNDS WILL NOT BE GIVEN ONCE PROGRAM HAS STARTED REGARDLESS OF PARTICIPATION. KAYSVILLE PARKS AND RECREATION WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR DISSATISFACTION IN LESSONS, RENTALS OR RESORT ACCOMMODATIONS. CLASSES MAY BE COMBINED IF NEEDED (SUCH AS; INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED, BEGINNER/INTERMEDIATE). ALL CLASSES WILL BE GROUPED BY ABILITY AT THE DISCRETION OF KAYSVILLE PARKS AND RECREATION AND BRIGHTON RESORT.
Transportation: Transportation by charter companies. All coach buses are mountain ready and bus drivers are mountain trained. Coach buses are equipped with bathrooms and video/TV for a convenient and fun trip.
Bus Loading & Unloading: Kaysville Recreation office 85 North 100 East.
Supervisors: There will be 1-2 Supervisors on each bus. Supervisors will be available for students at all times. They will supervise students to and from the ski resort, help students with rental gear and storing equipment, eat lunch with students, and will be available during free ski times if needed. Please note that free ski time is unsupervised.
Skiing & Boarding Details: Students will receive 5 days of Skiing/Boarding with 2 hours of professional instruction, two hours of free ski time with friends. On the 5th week there will not be a lesson just free ski time!
Loading Times: Friday program-3:20 pm depart at 3:30 pm
Arrive at resort:
Backpacks, street shoes and other necessary items must be clearly marked with owner’s name.
Students will have the same instructor all four days. Instructors will help facilitate learning in a safe and fun environment.
Friday will break after lesson is completed. There is indoor seating available in the lodge. Participants may either bring a sack lunch or purchase food.
Students may ski with friends. Students may also remain in the lodge for any portion of this time.
Brighton - load bus:
Students must ride home on the same bus they arrived on. NO EXCEPTIONS! Every student is expected on the bus by 9:15 pm. Late students will be warned once. If students are late a second time they will be dropped from the program with no refund.
Return to the Recreation Office: between 10-10:30 pm Friday night participants
Additional Program Information
- Brighton Release Form - must be complete in order to participate