Planning & Zoning


If you are interesting in keeping bees on your property you will need to contact the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food to find out more information on what regulations will need to be followed and how to register your hive.

Clear View Information

If you live on a corner lot you need to be aware that you cannot obstruct the view of traffic by installing landscaping, fencing, or anything else higher than 2 feet in height within 30 feet of your intersecting property line. View a diagram (PDF) demonstrating this clear vision triangle.

Flood Zones

The Federal Emergency Management (FEMA) Flood Map Service Center (MSC) is the official public source for flood hazard information produced in support of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Visit their website to find your official flood map, access a range of other flood hazard products, and take advantage of tools for better understanding flood risk.

Household Pets

Two or fewer animals or fowl ordinarily permitted in the house and kept for company or pleasure, such as dogs, cats, and canaries. More than a total of two such animals and fowl are not permitted as household pets.

A kennel license is required to keep more than two animals on a property. In order to receive a kennel license, your property must be zoned either A-1 or A-5, you must receive a conditional use permit from the Planning Commission, and any enclosures or housing for animals be located not less than 100 feet from a public street, and not less than 50 feet from any dwelling on adjacent property.

Wasatch Choice 2050Wasatch Choice 2050 Scenarios

The Wasatch Front Regional Council is currently reviewing feedback received exploring 3 scenarios that identify our community’s future transportation and land use investments. To learn about these scenarios please visit the Wasatch Choice website. You still have an opportunity to provide feedback for various projects via an interactive map.